Sunday, December 14, 2008

SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA



Play and watch... but only if you don't mind your head exploding into a thousand supernovas of joy!  




Sydney Harbour


Scarlet sunset


Cronulla, a beachside suburb in Southern Sydney.


Bondi beach


Sydney Football Stadium 



The THUS Sydney Concert was held in the Sydney Football Stadium.   The only other band besides THUS to play here was U2 for their Zoo TV concert in 2003, a concert that was released on Video

SYDNEY SETLIST

Thunderstruck................. AC/DC
With Plenty of Money & You......................Tony Bennett
I Will Follow........................U2
Have a Little Faith In Me......................Joe Cocker
In Bloom........................Nirvana
Live and Let Die....................Paul McCartney
Won't Get Fooled Again..................The Who
Welcome to the Jungle..............Guns N Roses
Black.................Pearl Jam

Come As You Are....................Nirvana
I Get Around.....................The Beach Boys
Jump.....................Van Halen
New Sensation.....................INXS
Rock N Roll..................Led Zeppelin


The following are various Sydney Concerts at other venues...
The first concert; however, is not in Sydney, but is an absolutely
 spine-tingling clip of AC/DC's 1991 Tour, 
and filmed for DVD release.

AC/DC: Live at Donnington Park: North West Leicestershire, England (1992): Thunderstruck
Prepare yourself... and DROOL, this locale is phenom... geez, what is it with England?
This Aussie band is just bonkers they are so good.  And I never knew Chris Slade (drummer) was actually a beast.  My God that wingspan!  Also, this song came out in 1990 if you can believe it! 
If this doesn't make you giggle with glee like a 6 year old, then you can go fly a kite.



AC/DC: Sydney (1981) Hell's Bells
10 years before the Donnington concert above, they had Phil Rudd as the drummer at the time.  The two brothers on guitar Angus and Malcom Young just lost their lead singer, Bon Scott to alcoholism. This concert was with their second lead singer, Brian Johnson, after Bon Scott's death.  They had just come out with Back In Black in 1980 (7th studio album), their first album with Brian Johnson, which became AC/DC's biggest selling album. 
They are the fuggin real deal.  
Angus Young on lead guitar is a little banga.  I don't mean he's a sausage!


Led Zeppelin:  Sydney : Australasian Tour (1972) Rock and Roll
I've always thought that when Robert Plant sings, he kind of looks like a 6 year old girl who has to pee really really really bad but is having too much fun to leave, but this just confirms it completely for me.  I jest, of course, this is a very special piece of footage.  If not just for Plant's air guitar alone, then for the people walking behind them on the sidewalk who don't all seemed to be phased by it or are completely intentionally trying not to notice it!  They are stunned!  No one is sure what to think!  But they are there, they know... I left this heading above, but now the vid is a short docu, enjoy! At the tail end of this cute and interesting vid, is the footage I had originally put up, which I canNOT find on youtube and am so sad you are missing it Varese, baby.


Guns N Roses: Sydney (2007) Welcome to the Jungle 
Bad video quality... but they are so explosive--literally.



U2 :  Sydney (Possibly the Vertigo Tour 2006) With or Without You 
Telstra Stadium


These next videos are the only one's that show the stadium in which Thus played (Sydney Football Stadium).  Ironically, read about the Japan controversy during this concert, and Lo's next concert happened to be Tokyo... hmmm.
U2:  Zoo TV: Sydney (2008) Lemon 
Bono portrays his stage persona MacPhisto 


U2:  ZOO TV:  Sydney, (2008) Stay (Far Away, So Close)......get to know it if you don't!


U2: ZooTV:Sydney (2008) Bullet the Blue Sky
This is just so good its silly.


Here is a documentary made from INXS' famous concert at Wembley stadium.
Wembley XS
running time 37 minutes, in 4 parts.
As much as I would like to say about this, I just have to let you experience on your own.

1/4


2/4


3/4


4/4

Embedding was disabled for this next video... if you want to view INXS opening number, Guns In The Sky, live at Wembley, click here.

18 comments:

  1. Eddie, if you see this... if you start out with anything, make it this page... put your headphones on, and start out with the first video, then at least watch AC/DC Thunderstruck... I wish I could comment out loud with you every detail of this amazing vid, but I'm sure you will see what I mean! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, this has the INXS: X Documentary which is really fantastic, but for when you have about 40 minutes to watch something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working my way thru this page - wow... some highlights already.

    Men At Work really tripped me out. Holy shit.

    Thunderstruck... was unfriggingbelievable. AWESOME. ROCK AND ROOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

    The next few vids were either unavailable or not good quality so I wasn't able to sense quite as much from them, but they were def. neat to get a taste of.

    With or Without You was standard at first - but at, like the mid-mark when Bono skies out, and the lights glare up and everyone's arms are raised in cathedral supplication to the idea of hope and love and trust... man... that's what U2 is all about. And it confirmed for me: I think they are #4, officially on the all time band list. Beatles, Stones, Zepp, U2, then arguably Floyd. Top 5.

    Any arguments?

    ReplyDelete
  4. On U2's other videos - these are all from a tour that was around 94-95, I remember this stuff well, because I owned the DVD. What hits me about Lemon and Bullet the Blue (other than the absolutely rapt crowd, TOTALLY involved at a level you rarely see at a concert - U2 has the best audiences ever, in my opinion), is that Bono was still at his peak vocally - WOW - guy sounds amazing! Nowadays he kind of backs away and gets more throaty, he hasn't aged as easily as, say, Jagger - but in these days - what a fucking rock voice, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - and did you notice, Lolo, that towards the end of With or Without You Bono asks everyone to blow a kiss to Michael Hutchens in heaven before going into the second round of "Oh, oh, oh, oh..."
    Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, this is what I was waiting for... this kina talk, love this... you know what? THAT id, with or without you? That is probably THE only vid that I put on here, and told myself I would watch the whole thing later, but had forgotten... you can imagine the hours I've put into this blog, and so I actually missed watching that. THIS is why I'm so glad you are seeing it now, because you YOU would see that. I actually became FAINT when the whole crowd outstretched their arms and the lights went to white with streamlines from the camera. All that love and trust.

    YES YES TRIPLE YES -----u2 is #4 no question...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reaction to Thunderstruck, could NOT have made me happier... I actually watch that at least twice a week... there are so many SO many things I'd love to point out and talk to you about on that vid... I just can't get over its perfection... we'll talk about it in person, and watch... it's too good... again, best reaction ever.

    And Men At Work... its like a games project! Where did that kind of creativity amongst band members go? I can't get enough of that vid either...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, had I seen and heard the Hutchence call out, I would have most certainly attached it in my heading of the vid... my love for Michael hutchence, since this blog, and especially since the Docu on this page, has gone through the roof... INXS was once upon a time my favorite band, and Thus has reunited me with this love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. btw- some vids that have really poor quality (ie GNR Jungle) are just there to watch the first second of the vid... that's across the board on all the pages...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you could have seen the LZ vid.the pedestrians behind the stage just walking by pretending not to notice! There was still the huge gap between the society who accepted LZ as "music" and the society who DID NOT... but I have put in place of the footage of Rock n Roll, this lovely docu about the real fans who were there, and this really is fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  11. all right all right I spelled hutchence wrong, JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just finished the whole INXS doc - really neat story, neat moment in their lives - crazy, bcs these bigger bands, like U2, Stones, etc, they play these kind of shows a good many times in their career, and for INXS it was the peak, the highest moment. puts the whole thing in perspective a little bit, humanizes it... THUS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you just watched it... amazing.. exactly exactly.. it was the ultimate peak of not only THEM as a band, but also 91 was like this crazy intense love making of technology, great sound, filmmaking and production, so the massive quality was insane..

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're such a homer for this band, it's hilarious. INXG. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so garage band right now...

    Love,
    INXG---I'm glad you liked it... it was great wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete